March 12, 2007

I have blocked memories..

Went to dinner with my siblings this weekend. We never do that. The last time we even got together was when my old man kicked the bucket (last year) at the funeral/wake.

You know how childhood topics come up during conversation? Usually the cruddy stuff about dad comes with the stupid things he did. Lots came up this time.

The troubling part was I remembered hardly any of what my brothers were telling me.

I know abusive childhoods are not that swell to have, but gee.... There were so many things they recounted to me about things that happened to me. I just sat and listened.. not remembering any of it. I even said (enough times to make them take notice) "no way!" and "when did THAT happen?", "when was that?".

It is kinda creepy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home