April 04, 2006

Growing up in a depressed environment.

I was researching the needy thing (see below). I came across a lot of stuff about depression and anger etc.

I grew up in a house with a depressed father. Pretty sure he was depressed my whole life. While growing up, we were not allowed friends over(loads of other rules) and he ruled the roost (so to speak) his way-no comprimises. So basically I grew up in his depressed state.
I can see that has mostly been how I view the world. Through the life lessons taught to me by my depressed father.

Sometimes I wish you could just call up a therapist and run shit by them, but no, you have to make an appointment, bla bla bla.

Now I consider, am I depressed? Or am I simply just living depressed? If it is the first, I suppose drugs would help. But then I get scared and think that if it is the second, WHAT THE HELL DO I DO THEN??

Can that alone MAKE me depressed? I do NOT want to pass this shitty way of thinking on to my own kids.

grumble......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home