March 12, 2006

When you are told "I'll pray for you". Run or scream?

Have you ever been told that? I have been (a lot lately by dh). I am not bashing religion here, but sometimes I think that is a cop out statement. (No offence to cops)

Really.

The person saying can do all the praying (or not praying) they want, but it does not help the situation at hand.

Here is an example..........Imangine asking DH for help around the house because the mess is getting overwhelming and I am the only one cleaning for 4 other beings in the house. Then being told "I will pray for you to get through this" BY MY HUSBAND....Yet he never actually physically helps with the cleaning.


This has been used for a few other situations. DRIVES ME NUTTERS!

I keep wanting to scream "THIS IS NOT WHAT I NEED FROM YOU! I NEED YOU TO HELP, GOD WILL NOT PICK UP TOYS IN THE LIVING ROOM!!!"

Like the 1st four month after ds#3 was home and I never got a full night sleep and had two other kids to watch without assistance. I needed help and when asked, I received a "I will pray for you" response. (I will not even type what was whipping around my brain at that time!) I just want to scream and scream in frustration and confusion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home