February 21, 2007

What a lovely bunch of Coconuts!




Friday is our Blue & Gold dinner for Cub Scouts. The lady in charge of the event is extremely sweet, however no one seems to listen to her requests. I have been on her side with her decisions but there seems to be an "good 'ol boys" club thing happening.

One of the "boys" decided to get REAL Hawaiian dancers for the event. The other leaders of the pack are mostly men and you can see their eyes light up at the thought of it. (Mainly the coconut bras they have seen on the dance companys web page).

This little venture took up more than 1/2 of the total party budget and my friend and I cannot seem to make our point about it being for the scouts. The dinner is Pot-Luck, and the majority of the decorations will be donated and home made because there is not enough $ in the budget.

The same guy also got everyone to agree on a pool party at the Pack's expense (which I am thinking does not have enough at this point to pay for what little is left over after the dancers take their share.
I did not make the picture, I got the hula girl picture from here: Hula Girl by William Warby @ http://widgets.yahoo.com/gallery/view.php?widget=36981

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

hey how was the party?

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger L. E. said...

It was nice. I still think the money would have been better used. I have some pictures I am going to post when I get a few seccys alone...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home